Know Before You Go...®
If you’re interested in exploring the scenic, dense rainforests of Dominica, then you’re in the right place to learn more about this outdoorsman’s paradise. From your villa on the island, you can enjoy the natural wonders of Dominica, including the Boiling Lake and numerous rivers and waterfalls. Use this page to learn more about traveling to Dominica and what you can expect to find on the island.
- Dominica is the only Caribbean island to have a population of indigenous people, the Kalinago.
- Dominica is home to the world’s second-largest hot spring, Boiling Lake.
- Dominica is the youngest island in the Lesser Antilles, formed by volcanic activity less than 1 million years ago.
- Dominica is home to the world’s only drive-in volcano, the Valley of Desolation.
- Dominica is home to the highest mountain in the Eastern Caribbean, Morne Diablotins.
Transportation on Dominica
Getting to Dominica and getting around. Our transportation tips will help make your trip smoother. More good sand advice.
Proof of citizenship (passport, birth certificate or voter registration card and photo ID) and a return or ongoing ticket.
Melville Hall Airport - one hour from Roseau Canefield Airport - 5 minutes from Roseau
On the left - International driver’s license required to obtain Dominica permit; cost US$15.
Dominica Weddings and Honeymoons
Vacationers don’t just stay in Dominica villas - they come to paradise to get married and celebrate their honeymoons! Apply for a license.Cost: US$120.Documents Required: Proof of citizenship (passport, original birth certificate and photo ID) and non-marriage certificate. If applicable, copy of divorce decree or death certificate.Wait Time: Minimum of 2 days
Know Before You Go...® - Dominica Travel Tips
Before making their way to Dominica villas, vacationers like to know a little bit of helpful information to make them feel more at home during their stay. Take a look at our travel tips to make your time in villas in Dominica even more relaxing.