You'll find that your trip to Guana Island will be one of the most restful and renewing events you'll ever experience. Leaving the modern, hectic world behind and allowing the cool tropical breezes and warm sunny days to soothe your spirit is empowering. You'll return home refreshed and ready to face anything that comes your way. Use the information found here to help you make your vacation plans and book your accommodations on Guana Island, whether you decide on a villa or stone cottage.
Getting to Guana Island, BVI and getting around. Our transportation tips will help make your trip smoother. More good sand advice.
Vacationers don't just stay in Guana Island, BVI villas - they come to paradise to get married and celebrate their honeymoons! Getting Married In The British Virgin Islands
• You may apply for your marriage license at the Attorney General's office located in the Government Administration Complex at Wickham's Cay I, Road Town, Tortola.
* You must be in the British Virgin Islands for a minimum of 3 days prior to the wedding service and after having made application for your marriage license.
* You will be required to purchase $110.00 in postage stamps if you have been in the territory for less than 15 days prior to the ceremony or $50.00 in stamps if you have been in the BVI for 15 days or more.
* You will require passports as proof of identity and to establish your date of arrival in the BVI.
* If you were previously married, you will be required to bring a certified copy or original documentation of your divorce (absolute decree) or death certificate of a deceased spouse.
* Two witnesses will be required to oversee the signing of your marriage license application and two (different) witnesses are required to be present during the ceremony. (You may select persons from the BVI to serve as witnesses for either or both occasions.)
* Once your application for marriage license has been completed, you may then proceed to the
Registrar's office (located above the Post Office) on Main Street, Road Town, Tortola. The office is open from 9:00 am to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Saturdays.
The Registar Requirements
Marriage ceremony fees are payable to the Registrar and are $35.00 if the ceremony is performed in the office and $100.00 if the ceremony is to be performed elsewhere.
* Full (legal) names of both parties
* Your ages and date of birth
* Your occupations
* The names of the witnesses for your wedding ceremony
* If you are planning a church wedding, please contact the church of your choice and speak with the Minister or Priest regarding their requirements
Before making their way to Guana Island, BVI villas, vacationers like to know a little bit of helpful information to make them feel more at home during their stay. Take a look at our travel tips to make your time in villas in Guana Island, BVI even more relaxing.
|Time:||13:36 pm zone:-4 (GMT/UTC -4)|