Jost Van Dyke is a tiny island—only 4 miles of land surface and only 150 residents—but it packs a lot of excitement into this small space. There are villa rentals as well as other rental property accommodations, restaurants, and annual events that keep the place hopping day after day. Water sports and hiking trails for the more adventurous can fill the days, and romantic starlit skies over the Caribbean can round out the nights. It just doesn't get any more perfect than that.
Wet dollars and cool drinks at the Soggy Dollar
Since there is no dock, the only way in is to to swim ashore. Guests then pay with wet dollars, hence the name “Soggy Dollar Bar”. Bills are hung on a clothes line above the bar, drying in the breeze. Located on a stretch of beach on the island of Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands, the Soggy Dollar Bar’s house specialty is the “Painkiller” – one of the most popular mixed rum drinks in the West Indies. This drink has made owner Daphne Henderson famous. Pair that with fly fish sandwiches or a jumbo burger. At dinner, Daphne prepares 4-course gourmet meals served seaside by candlelight. Soggy Dollar was voted the “Best Watering Hole in the World” by Island Magazine readers in 2002.
Getting to Jost Van Dyke, BVI and getting around. Our transportation tips will help make your trip smoother. More good sand advice.
Vacationers don't just stay in Jost Van Dyke, BVI villas - they come to paradise to get married and celebrate their honeymoons! Getting Married In The British Virgin Islands
• You may apply for your marriage license at the Attorney General's office located in the Government Administration Complex at Wickham's Cay I, Road Town, Tortola.
* You must be in the British Virgin Islands for a minimum of 3 days prior to the wedding service and after having made application for your marriage license.
* You will be required to purchase $110.00 in postage stamps if you have been in the territory for less than 15 days prior to the ceremony or $50.00 in stamps if you have been in the BVI for 15 days or more.
* You will require passports as proof of identity and to establish your date of arrival in the BVI.
* If you were previously married, you will be required to bring a certified copy or original documentation of your divorce (absolute decree) or death certificate of a deceased spouse.
* Two witnesses will be required to oversee the signing of your marriage license application and two (different) witnesses are required to be present during the ceremony. (You may select persons from the BVI to serve as witnesses for either or both occasions.)
* Once your application for marriage license has been completed, you may then proceed to the
Registrar's office (located above the Post Office) on Main Street, Road Town, Tortola. The office is open from 9:00 am to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Saturdays.
The Registar Requirements
Marriage ceremony fees are payable to the Registrar and are $35.00 if the ceremony is performed in the office and $100.00 if the ceremony is to be performed elsewhere.
* Full (legal) names of both parties
* Your ages and date of birth
* Your occupations
* The names of the witnesses for your wedding ceremony
* If you are planning a church wedding, please contact the church of your choice and speak with the Minister or Priest regarding their requirements
Before making their way to Jost Van Dyke, BVI villas, vacationers like to know a little bit of helpful information to make them feel more at home during their stay. Take a look at our travel tips to make your time in villas in Jost Van Dyke, BVI even more relaxing.
|Time:||15:44 pm zone:-4 (GMT/UTC -4)|