Tortola, BVI Guide
Know Before You Go...®
Visiting quiet and unhurried Tortola in the British Virgin Islands will ensure a memorable Caribbean vacation. With lots to see and do on the island, there is never a shortage of options to entertain you, like snorkeling, shopping in Road Town, or just exploring the island. Before booking your villa rental on Tortola, use the information here to help you plan your trip, and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Why Tortola, BVI?
Transportation on Tortola, BVI
Getting to Tortola, BVI and getting around. Our transportation tips will help make your trip smoother. More good sand advice.
Airlines Flying Here
Cape Air from San Juan, PR and St. Thomas, USVI
Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport
Distance from beef island airport
To Little Bay (northeast) 15 minutes
To Roadtown it’s 15 - 20 minutes
To West End it’s 30 - 45 minutes
Tortola, BVI Weddings and Honeymoons
Vacationers don’t just stay in Tortola, BVI villas - they come to paradise to get married and celebrate their honeymoons! Getting Married In The British Virgin Islands
• You may apply for your marriage license at the Attorney General’s office located in the Government Administration Complex at Wickham’s Cay I, Road Town, Tortola.
- You must be in the British Virgin Islands for a minimum of 3 days prior to the wedding service and after having made application for your marriage license.
- You will be required to purchase $110.00 in postage stamps if you have been in the territory for less than 15 days prior to the ceremony or $50.00 in stamps if you have been in the BVI for 15 days or more.
- You will require passports as proof of identity and to establish your date of arrival in the BVI.
- If you were previously married, you will be required to bring a certified copy or original documentation of your divorce (absolute decree) or death certificate of a deceased spouse.
- Two witnesses will be required to oversee the signing of your marriage license application and two (different) witnesses are required to be present during the ceremony. (You may select persons from the BVI to serve as witnesses for either or both occasions.)
- Once your application for marriage license has been completed, you may then proceed to the
Registrar’s office (located above the Post Office) on Main Street, Road Town, Tortola. The office is open from 9:00 am to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Saturdays.
The Registar Requirements
Marriage ceremony fees are payable to the Registrar and are $35.00 if the ceremony is performed in the office and $100.00 if the ceremony is to be performed elsewhere.
- Full (legal) names of both parties
- Your ages and date of birth
- Your occupations
- The names of the witnesses for your wedding ceremony
- If you are planning a church wedding, please contact the church of your choice and speak with the Minister or Priest regarding their requirements
Know Before You Go...® - Tortola, BVI Travel Tips
Before making their way to Tortola, BVI villas, vacationers like to know a little bit of helpful information to make them feel more at home during their stay. Take a look at our travel tips to make your time in villas in Tortola, BVI even more relaxing.