This is a great place with great people and amenities.
Paradisus Punta Cana, Dominican Republic hotel review Visited: July 2010
Posted by tmartin865
I agree with the person who stated that the people who were disappointed with the Paradisus were being extremely over critical, or they are used to being waited on hand and foot.
I have nothing to say but great things about the Paradisus Punta Cana. It is a Caribbean resort, which is why we went to the Dominican Republic. Had we wanted something different we would have gone somewhere else.
The food was great, the rooms were great, and the people went out of their way to make sure we had a good time.
1. If you don't want to listen to the sales pitch, don't meet with them. You are on vacation, do whatever the heck you want. They say "meet me tomorrow morning at breakfast". You say "Nope, I'm going to the beach, I'm on vacation". What are they going to do, take your birthday away?
The same goes for your travel provider to and from the airport. They will want to meet with you to review travel plans. If you don't want to hear their pitch for parasailing or whatever, don't go. The day before you are leaving, go ask the representative when the bus will be there to pick you up. Done.
2. If you don't like the food, go to another restaurant. There are ten to choose from. Or, just get a burger from the chick at the pool.
3. If your room has issues, call the front desk. Give them time to get there. Then, if they don't come, tell anyone you run into that your air conditioner/bed/refrigerator/windows need fixed. They will do it.
11 users found this review helpful. 2 found this review unhelpful.
It was not worth it.
Paradisus Punta Cana, Dominican Republic hotel review Visited: June 2010
Posted by stsatell56
First, when you check in, they have you sign a form stating that if you leave early (first time I ever seen one of these), you will be charged for your whole entire hotel stay. Needless to say, once your there you're there. Anyway, let me name our areas of displeasure (to say it lightly) in rapid fire random order:
1. On the first day, our concierge set us up for an appointment to see all the other "amenities" in the resort. The next thing I know I am getting pitched a time share.
2. The rooms smell like mildew and are very plain. It is definitely not an impressive set up. All the walls are white. It is about as low end Howard Johnson as you can get. Our bed broke and I called the front desk. They said they would send someone and nobody showed up. So, we left it broken for the next guest to complain about.
3. Forget about Internet. You have to pay $15 per day, and it is extremely slow
4. The service was slow to non-existent at times.
5. The food is horrible. I consistently had to use the bathroom for quite some time after each meal.
6. The carts they use to shuttle guests around are these ghetto looking trucks I would only use to haul trash around. It is definitely not what you would expect from a resort that is being marketed as "high end".
If you decide to come here, bring plenty of bug spray because most of the eating areas are outdoor, and they are by water.
5 users found this review helpful. 2 found this review unhelpful.
It was beautiful!
Paradisus Punta Cana, Dominican Republic hotel review Visited: October 2005
Posted by zuntite
My husband and I were given a trip to this resort for our honeymoon in 2000. We had such a wonderful time we brought back friends and family with us for the next stay.
We didn't have any of the problems that the other posts here had. I suppose if you want a vacation place that is "American", you shouldn't travel abroad.
They weren't fluent in English. However, communication wasn't a problem. You have to give them credit, they do a great job...better than my Spanish, German or French, in which they are fluent. I guess three languages isn't enough for some.
The restaurants were great, and the service was wonderful. I recommend going in the off season if you don't like crowded restaurants and pools. Nothing about this resort has ever let us down.
21 users found this review helpful. 2 found this review unhelpful.