Insure Your Travel Investment
WhereToStay.com, Inc. strongly recommends that you purchase insurance in case of trip cancellation and medical problems, as well as medical evacuation insurance to cover the cost of a private jet to return home.
For example, you will suffer a loss if:
- your flight has been cancelled and your villa rental payments are nonrefundable;
- you need to cancel your trip due to illness;
- a hurricane, volcano or earthquake occurs before your trip or while traveling and you are stranded;
- your airline or villa owner or manager files for bankruptcy;
- a terrorist incident occurs at your destination;
- you have a medical emergency in a foreign country and need medical attention or evacuation;
- your bags are lost and your medication is in them, and you need to have an emergency prescription filled;
- your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport;
You may enjoy more benefits the earlier you purchase. Any questions about what travel insurance does or does not cover should be addressed directly to the travel insurance company.
This first one listed compares policies from several different companies so is a good place to start.
- Travel Insurance Center
- April International
- Travelex Insurance
- General Global Assistance
- Seven Corners
- COVAC Global (evacuation and repatriation)
Turks and Caicos Only
- Be sure to take a look at the new website, TCI Safe (https://www.tcisafe.com), that was just created in partnership with the T&C Hotel and Tourism. TCI Safe is integrated with the TCI Assured portal and it will allow you to order a COVID-19, physician-assisted test kit and purchase insurance directly from this Turks & Caicos government-endorsed site. Though this can be quite costly, it is still a great option.
St. Maarten/St. Martin Only
- St. Maarten REQUIRES all travelers to purchase trip insurance, specifically the St. Maarten Visitors Protection Plan which meets their stringent requirements. Fortunately, this is actually an integrated step in the Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) application. For more information and questions related to the COVID-19 insurance please visit https://www.sxmprotectionplan.com or contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.